Nature has given us the ability to utilize many essential oils. Among them, olive oil is a real classic! We could hardly find such a universal oil. We can eat it, keep a fire with it and maintain our skin!
In the next lines, we will think together on the question is olive oil good for your skin? The short answer is
But even more important is WHY olive oil is so valuable and HOW it can help your skin be young, healthy and beautiful.
I hope that at the end of the text, you will know the answer to these additional questions!
By Saying “Classic,” I Mean Classic!
Which are the most prominent worldwide olive oil producers? Three countries have the production “monopoly” – Spain, Italy, and Greece. Together they hold around 70% share! The explanation is simple.
Only there we have the appropriate climate conditions for the olive trees to exist.
But the territory of these countries has been part of ancient empires, as well. Roman Empire and Ancient Greece are the most significant examples.
The ancient people have discovered the valuable features of the olive oil!
In fact, the ancient Greeks have invented the first soap with olive oil.
Some of them called olive oil “magical ingredient,” as they have noticed the healing effect over the skin and the body.
The modern tests just confirm how valuable olive oil is for our skin!
It makes our blood vessels and our heart stronger, increases our immunity, has an anti-aging effect on the cells, prevents heart attack and diabetes.
Now, let us
Decompose Olive Oil.
Maybe it is the healthiest and sickest of calories oil. It contains linoleic acid and oleic acid, vitamin E, phosphorus, iron, minerals, proteins.
Olive oil is rich in mono and polyunsaturated fatty acids.
But olive oil has one more component: fraction of precious lipids that has a beautiful effect on our body and skin. Olive oil is among the ones that possess this fraction of lipids!
When we treat our skin with olive oil, it stimulates the production of this type of collagen, which is responsible for the keeping the skin younger!
What a great news for the olive oil and our skin!
This fraction is called “Olea Europaea Oil Unsaponifiables.” It is a “bomb,” full of vitamins and anti-oxidants – precisely what our skin needs!
OK. Now we know what a treasure we have when we use olive oil and why it is so valuable. I think the answer to the question “Is olive oil good for your skin” receives another proof.
The next step is to see
How To Use Olive Oil As A Remedy For Our Skin?
Due to the already described characteristics, olive oil has different applications. Let’s mention a few of them:
- It helps in curing open wounds on the skin;
- You can reduce the scars on your skin after the wound is closed and the scab falls naturally. Just treat the injury place with olive oil;
- You may apply a compress against rheumatism. Mix 3.4 fl oz (100 ml) olive oil, 1.7 fl oz (50) ml iodine tincture and 1 fl oz (30) ml ammonia. Leave the compress on the problem spot during the night;
- When you have inflamed ears and sore tonsils and throat, you can warm olive oil in enamelware in a water bath. Mix it with linseed oil (1:3). Put this blend in a linen bag, then wrap it in a cotton cloth and place it on the neck. Bind it and leave for 15 minutes;
- If you have walked a lot during the day and have your legs tired, you can massage them with a blend of olive oil and lemon juice. You will feel the relief;
- To remove corns on your legs, apply them with a compress, composed of olive oil and chopped garlic;
- If you are bitten by insects or have your skin red, mix 2 teaspoons of olive oil and 1 white of the egg. Apply on the problem spot.
Now we will learn
How To Use The Olive Oil To Beautify Our Skin?
- If you have a dry or sensitive skin, take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix it with 1 tablespoon of fruit or vegetable (the choice is up to you according to the season). Apply on your face for 20 min and rinse with warm water;
- For dry skin, take 1 tablespoon of olive oil and mix it with 1 yolk. Apply on your face for 20 min and rinse with warm water;
- For healthy skin, mix olive oil and kaolin in proportion 1:2. Apply on your face for 20 min and rinse with warm water;
- If you want to prepare а face exfoliant, just mix olive oil with sea salt or coffee;
- When you want to take a tub bath, just put a few drops of olive oil in the water. It will nourish your skin;
- For white teeth, mix a few drops of olive oil and little quantity of sea salt and apply on the teeth with a toothbrush;
- To preserve your bronze tan on the skin, mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of flour, 1/2 teacup of milk, and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply on the face and the neck and remove in 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water;
- For beautiful hands, apply freshly chopped potatoes, rinse after 10 minutes and massage the hands with olive oil;
- For shiny hair, mix the juice of 1 lemon, 100 ml beer, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 yolk. Apply for 5-10 minutes, massaging your hair. Rinse it and wash it with shampoo.
Find HERE more recipes for healthy hair, where olive oil plays an important role, as well!
Olive Oil And Natural Cosmetics
We have learned different ways to utilize the fantastic characteristics of olive oil on our body, skin, hair, and teeth.
We will multiply the effect when we use olive oil in combination with other oils and components.
The qualitative natural cosmetic products work with proven and working recipes. They bring the care of our skin to a supreme level.
Read HERE to learn more information and useful tips about essential oils!
Now, not only you know is olive oil good for your skin. You know its benefits and how to utilize them to be more beautiful and healthy!
I would love to hear from you! Do you use olive oil? How? What are the types of products you use?
Write me in the section below! Just for a chat, to share your thoughts, or if you need an advice, I will answer you:)
To your “olive” skin:)