In a previous post, I wrote about the essential avocado oil benefits for the skin! But is avocado oil good for hair, as well?
The short answer is YES!! Irrespective what type of hair you have; dry, oily, or normal, the benefits of avocado oil for hair are astounding! Read here, and a few minutes later you will know:
1. Why should you miss a lot, if NOT using avocado oil for hair treatment?
2. How to apply avocado oil on hair, utilizing homemade recipes?
2. How to use avocado oil for hair, purchasing high-quality natural cosmetics?
Let’s get started!
Benefits of avocado oil for hair
I’ve already had a chance to depict how valuable are avocado (fruit & oil) properties. In a nutshell, it is rich in fibers, vitamins A, B, C, and minerals, like zink, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, folic acid.
It is full of antioxidants and reduces the oxidizing of the body.
Now I will touch this topic from “benefits for hair” perspective.
The reasons for having hair issues could be versatile. It might be your diet, the water you use, the atmosphere conditions, your genetics, or the shampoo and cosmetics you use!
2. Due to its hydration power, avocado oil can deeply penetrate the strands and moisturize the hair.
3. You can easily comb your hair if treated with avocado oil. For the purpose, it could be mixed with almond oil in 1:1 ratio.
4. Avocado oil is an enemy of dandruff, itchy scalp, and hair loss. Here vitamin E and B are the ones that help a lot! Vitamin B keeps the strands growing, and vitamin E improves the damaged hair.
5. Massaging the scalp with avocado oil brings more blood to the hair follicles, thus nourishing them and keeping the hair shiny and healthy.
Even if you don’t have the time to make your own mask, you could add avocado oil to your natural cosmetic product, and apply on your hair.
Now you know what a treasure you have! Let’s move to the next step.
How to prepare homemade masks with avocado oil?
Here I will show you a few easy and quick recipes, to utilize avocado oil.
Mask #1 with honey
You will need 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon almond oil, 1 egg.
Mix all ingredients and massage the strands from bottom to top. Leave for 20 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Mask #2 for dry hair
You will need 1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 egg white.
Mix all ingredients and apply massage the strands from bottom to top. Leave for 15 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Mask #3 for damaged hair
You will need 3 tablespoons avocado oil, 2 tablespoons jojoba oil, 1/4 ripe avocado (optional), 2 tablespoons lime juice.
Mash the fruit and mix with the other ingredients. Put the blend in a pot and warm it up to body temperature in hot water.
Apply on wet hair, massaging the strands from bottom to top. Wrap your hair with an old towel for 20 minutes, and wash with shampoo.
Mask #4 for split ends
You will need 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 1 banana, 1 egg.
Mix the ingredients and apply on hair for 20 minutes. Wash with shampoo.
Mask #5 with avocado oil for curly hair
You will need 2 tablespoons avocado oil, 3 tablespoons shea butter, 3 tablespoons apple vinegar.
MIx all ingredients and apply on your hair for half an hour. Wash with shampoo. Thus you will nourish, control, and comb your curls easier.
Watch this quick video about avocado oil uses:
3 tips about mask implementation
1. When you mix avocado fruit with yolk, make sure the blend is homogeneous, without lumps. Otherwise, it could be harder for you to wash the fruit away from the strands. If still any problems occur, use a wide tooth comb.
2. Don’t use hot or warm water to rinse your hair. Thus you could “boil” the egg in the mask, and make it harder to wash it.
3. Let hair get dry naturally, after the procedure. Using a hair dryer will reduce the effect of the mask.
How to use avocado oil in natural cosmetics?
Preparing homemade masks is not the only option to utilize the fantastic avocado oil properties for hair.
The other way is to search and find premium natural cosmetic products.
Let’s be honest – sometimes you don’t want to deal with losing time and effort in preparation DIY recipes.
There is an even stronger argument to use active natural products – they are with proven and enhanced formulas, using many and versatile compounds, in proper ratios, leading to a maximum effect.
You may think, there is always a risk to use fake, or low-quality cosmetics. And you will be right!
The good news is if you follow these rules, you will know how to find “golden nuggets,” among many products on the market:) Just do it, and you will be fine!
Is avocado oil good for hair? You bet!
Using avocado oil for hair and skin is one of the most beneficial steps you could make regarding your health care and good look.
Don’t miss this opportunity nature gives you! It hardly has side effects, it is full of valuable components and can make miracles for you!
You already know 5 homemade solutions how to use avocado oil. You also know how to find high-quality natural cosmetics.
Your next step? Take action and experiment! Find what works for you, and apply it! It’s that simple!
I would love to hear from you! Do you (plan to) use avocado oil for your hair? Write me a comment, and I will answer you!
To your “avocado” hair,